Friday, January 23, 2015

Jesus Christ!




"For  this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant with God. Yet, one, meant to be temporary, and to be replaced by an eternal covenant open to the world." Hebrews 9:15

It is uncertain who wrote Hebrews. It could have been one of a list of men called by God to seed the gospel into the hearts of the newly converted Jewish Christians.
My mind takes me back to that time and what it must have been like for a small group of people to go against a well-established dogmatic legalistic system of authority that had been established through a new convenant.
Since the Garden of Eden--the cradle of civilization, God made covenants with mankind. Then with a nation of favored people--Isreal. These agreements always came with promises.
Some had conditions and came with blessings or curses.
But the new covenant which comes through a belief in Jesus Christ is an eternal one that is open to all that will receive it.
The New Covenant
Jeremiah 31- o“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. 33 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it ton their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
Jesus did what all the other convenants could not do and that is establish an eternal right -standing relationship with out Creator.
"For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard." Romans 3:23
That is until we accept the new convenant ---Christ Jesus.
How do you do it?
Do you want salvation from an addiction? Do you want salvation from a life that is messed up from the ground up? Do you want salvation from a world that hurts?
If so, salvation is here for you! Repent of that life and surrender your life to Him.
Pray "Father in heaven, I believe in this new agreement through Jesus. And I want you to reign in my life over every area. Jesus is the way to the truth and by him I believe."

God is faithful! I can promise you that! Begin reading in Matthew~~and let His power transform your life.
~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment