Monday, January 26, 2015

Choose to praise!




Faith in the name of Jesus Christ comes easy when compared to faith in what Jesus can do in our lives.
We can believe in the work on the cross, believe that He is the Christ, but find it hard to believe in the power of the cross in our everyday lives--and I am no exception.
We worry. We worry about everything from possibilities to probabilities.
The wonders of the mind can multiple rapidly.
"I wonder if I will die young." "I wonder if I am going to get sick." "I wonder if my job will..."
Wonder can have a two-fold meaning. We can wonder in the awe of something wonderful and spectacular or we can speculate and torment ourselves in thought.
It's the belief behind the wonder that we have to focus on.
If we fear, we produce worry. If we stand in awe at the power of God to work in our lives--we produce faith.
How easy do you think it is to change torment to praise? As easy as it is to bring fear under subjection to what the Word of God says.
We have to capture our thoughts before they capture us!
If you are facing bankruptcy, losing your house, losing your car, bills behind, kids disobedient, job in an upheaval, relationship strife, court proceedings, disease, surgery, impairment, imprisonment, divorce, marriage crisis, or any other real life issue that is weighing heavy on you then you are in a place to praise. You have to praise! You cannot remain silent-- If you do, worry wins. You become faithless, hopeless and tormented!
Open your mouth to thank God for His power! The same power of the cross that persuaded you first to believe, is alive still today!
I am facing tough life situations right now. I am saying this to me as much as I am saying this to you.
But I am praising God because He has always been faithful!
And if I must learn a lesson of faithfulness I want Him to teach me and not learn another lesson under torment!
I am praying for you this morning, please pray for me!



  • Mark 9:21-24-"And he said, “From childhood. 22 And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.”23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”
  • Matthew 6:25-"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on..."

Father, I love you. I praise you and I thank you! Your power is amazing. Your works are incredible! Thank you for the promises of your Word to keep, protect, bless and prosper me! In Jesus name- Amen!
Praise and pray! Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment