Monday, February 9, 2015

HE is STILL working on me!!!!

Sometimes I think about that song I used to sing in church as a child... He's still working on me.... how true is that?!?! Even now at 37 years old and newly rededicated to HIM ... he is still working on me!!

Hebrews 12:26-29

26 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, "Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens. 27 The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken-- that is, created things-- so that what cannot be shaken may remian. 28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our "God is a consuming fire."

Yesterday was Sunday... for the past couple of months I have spent the entire week looking forward to Sunday!! To be able to go to church, hear the pastor speak, know my children are in an environment that is for God, and for each member of my family, including myself, to have the opportunity to learn about Jesus and to have a closer relationship with him. My youngest two children start most everyday by asking "is it church day?" so I know I am not the only one looking forward to this day of the week.

Every Sunday morning, getting ready seems to have its challenges but we have been managing to get ready just in time to make it on time! This Sunday morning the challenge won. My youngest daughter woke up very sick to her stomach... and with that news we made the decision not to go. I knew that I would spend the morning cleaning up after her and making sure she had just enough to drink, keeping that towel tucked under her head just right, and cleaning absolutely everything she touched to make sure the other 5 people living in our home did not catch the germ (if in fact it was even a germ she had... better safe than sorry!)!!

When I felt like I finally had her comfortable, I decided to read a bible lesson out loud to my husband and oldest daughter who had also come into the living room where my youngest and I were. Part of that lesson came from the verses above.

These verses hit home for me in so many ways. There I was thinking the day was ruined ... not my poor baby's fault of course, but I didn't think my week would be the same if I couldn't start it off in church! I was thinking I would feel guilt and my family would start arguing again... all because of one missed day.

At that time his WORD comforted me... "we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,...." I can worship wherever I am... I want to be able to go to church every Sunday but I realize that if we seek God's word, we will receive God's blessings... anywhere and everywhere because "God is a consuming fire." This particular verse made me think of the title to this blog... UNSHAKABLE.... we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken. I am thankful and I will worship God with reverence and awe wherever I am and out loud to whoever will listen.
Even when the smallest of my old fears creep back in... God finds a way to remind me that I am becoming unshakable by my faith in him and he is always working on me! I know I need a lot of work so .... Thank You God for that!!

Love,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment