Thursday, February 12, 2015

An assignment of LOVE!

One of my sons told me this morning about an incident at school .... his entire class got in trouble with a substitute teacher for talking. The substitutes chosen discipline was to have all of the students write a paragraph "about 50 times" according to my son! I asked him what the paragraph said....

He replied, "I don't know".

I know it would seem that if someone wrote the exact same paragraph over and over  or  even "50 times" they would surely remember what the sentences of that paragraph were. But so many times, I am like my son. I write, I study and I am given the same lessons over and over, but yet I just go through the motions of life never really letting the true meaning of things sink in!!

I talked about my habit of doing this in my first post on this blog called "Return to Faith" when I said, at the end of the post in the prayer, "Thank You for putting me in a place where You once again attempted to reach for me."

I look back at my life now ....there were situations I was in, moments when someone said something to me, or times I went through some experiences where I know God was attempting to reach out for me. I was so blinded by the world that I couldn't see the hand, the plan and the path he had for me even when it was right in front of my face!!!

Ephesians 2:3-5
3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. 4 But because of his great LOVE for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved.

I am now trying to write the paragraph AND absorb the lesson! Each bible verse I read, I attempt to learn how to use it in my own life.  Each bible verse I write, I know that it is directed toward myself but is a lesson not from me but God and can be used for a greater purpose.

I have recently written these verses several times:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.



Valentine's Day is near. I know that each of us are born with a desire to love and be loved, but may not know how to truly love one another. God's love is the only example of TRUE LOVE! I think these verses describe true love. I know that I am writting it over and over again and thinking about it for a reason. Maybe my LOVE is not yet true... Maybe God is having me write this paragraph over and over so I can begin to learn and understand how to truly love. 

Maybe you can join me and write this verse for yourself... write it 50 times if you need to!!

Today I am thankful that
God is TRUE LOVE and that he wants ME (and YOU) to learn how to love like him.

Love, 
Andrea





No comments:

Post a Comment