Monday, March 30, 2015

John 3 is all about ME!!!!!! (and You!)

JOHN 3:21

One morning, about two weeks ago, I woke up with this name and these numbers on my mind.... JOHN 3:21. Recognizing it as a bible verse, I quickly wrote it down and looked it up.... hoping for a divine message and insight into some specific questions that I had been praying would be answered.

I was positive that inside that verse was a very important message for me... but when I read it, I really didn't understand immediately what that message was. I had prayed/asked God some questions about how to move forward in certain aspects of my life, but this verse didn't seem to answer that at first. I knew I would have to dig deeper.

I've spent the past 2 weeks trying to figure it out... wanting to write something for this blog but knowing I was waiting for something and wasn't able to think of anything else to write about but this particular verse:

John 3:21
".....But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

I fully believe in not taking things out of context, so I studied the verses around this verse. This verse comes from chapter 3 in the book of John in the bible. It was spoken by Jesus to Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council.

Nicodemus also had questions... important questions about how to be born again. Through Nicodemus' questions, Jesus tells us all how we can enter the Kingdom of God.

This same chapter contains the famous verse:

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

This very important chapter in the bible contains a message for us all!!
So why the last verse in particular for me at this time in my life? Because I had questions, because God knows I am a "digger for the truth" type person!! Because I needed to be reminded that:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that if "Andrea" believes in him, she shall not perish but have eternal life.
and
If "Andrea" lives by the TRUTH she will come into the LIGHT so that it will be seen plainly that what she has done has been done through GOD. 

And this answered all of those questions I had. In my life, I am supposed to live FULLY for God. Those things that pull me away from the truth are no longer wanted even though it is hard to pull away from some of them, it is essential that I do.

You can put your name in this verse too! Please write it down... it is a powerful, amazing, eye opening, life changing thing to realize that the word WHOEVER can be exchanged for YOU and ME!! After all, the word WHOEVER does include us all!!!
If you feel like sometimes the answers to some of your questions are not plain to see in black and white ... you should think again or read again.


The bible is amazing... it is the TRUTH!!! It offers a guide and answers. It was written for YOUR life!!!

Start reading and you will be blessed... You can even start with John 3!!!!

Love,
Andrea



No comments:

Post a Comment