Friday, March 13, 2015

Reflections

A lot of my time as a photographer is spent editing pictures. During this process I try my best to develop a proper reflection of the subject that I have photographed. I try to learn about the people I photograph during my time with them so I can give an accurate portrayal of the personality of each person. I try not to change the picture into a false image or false reflection.... but I do try to achieve perfection based on my standards in finished images.  I can change the feeling or mood of the picture by making adjustments to the color or lighting and I can fix small imperfections in the background or on a persons skin, all the while keeping in mind that I really want my pictures to reflect an image of the true person.

A mirror is another way to get a glimpse of your reflection. Take a look at your reflection...  and think of this; God made us in his image. 



So what do you see when you look at your reflection? What does God want us to see?

Genesis 1:27
So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.


God created us in his own image!! So, when you look at your reflection you are looking at a creation of God... and not just any creation but a creation that resembles HIM!!

Your life should be lived to reflect His. 

What do you look like?... Are you black or white, gorgeous or average?.... truthfully, the colors and features are really not at all even close to the point ....your reflection is just as much made in the image of God's as anyone else's that you ever meet!!! Think about that next time you think slander and name calling of your brothers and sisters is OKAY!!!! 

You were made to reflect God's character to the world; love, peace, mercy, gentleness, forgiveness, grace and joy. 

So go look in the mirror... is what you see an example of God's standards or a sample of the evil in the world? Because even though God made you in his image and wants and expects you to realize it is for his GLORY that you were created AND for his GLORY that all men and women were created.... the choice is yours to do this. 

Some changes must be made in order for us to reflect God's character. I pray for these changes and thank God for his mercy and for loving us enough to give us the choice and opportunity to make these changes.

We need to know that we have to love one another and know that we are all equally made in his image.

The wonderful gift we have received .....and the greatest gift we can give is LOVE.


1 Corinthians 13:12
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.


13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Think of a precious child looking to you for guidance and looking to you for answers about how to treat one another. What does she or he see in your reflection?  Is it a Godly reflection? 
God looks at each of us as His precious children and it is His desire that each of us reflect His love to one another.


I know I keep coming back to these verses about love. I  believe there is a reason for that. You can open your heart to believe that right here, right now there is a reason you are reading this too.

In your reflection seek God's perfection. 

Love,
Andrea






No comments:

Post a Comment