Friday, March 27, 2015

Don't regret your sin, be sorrowful instead


No regrets,  but godly sorrow leads to repentance. 




"Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:4

An attribute of mourning sin is godly sorrow. It brings a salvation to the individual sin. A godly sorrow keeps one sincere. It does not laugh at sin. It takes responsibility of sin and says "Lord, I am sorry" and brings a zeal for a new direction. It recognizes the old way (sin) as a reference point that leads to the cross and sets our eyes on what we are crucifying. It is a separate salvation work, a continuation of the cross,  circumstance by circumstance, sin-by-sin and it avenges wrongs. Godly sorrow brings innocence and godly sorrow brings comfort.

"10 Distress that drives us to God does that. It turns us around. It gets us back in the way of salvation. We never regret that kind of pain. But those who let distress drive them away from God are full of regrets, end up on a deathbed of regrets.
"11-13 And now, isn’t it wonderful all the ways in which this distress has goaded you closer to God? You’re more alive, more concerned, more sensitive, more reverent, more human, more passionate, more responsible. Looked at from any angle, you’ve come out of this with purity of heart. And that is what I was hoping for in the first place when I wrote the letter. My primary concern was not for the one who did the wrong or even the one wronged, but for you—that you would realize and act upon the deep, deep ties between us before God. That’s what happened—and we felt just great."
2 Corinthians 7 (Message Bible, Paul speaking) 

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness~~1 John 1:9


My prayer for you and me, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take away your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and sustain me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach sinners Your ways, And sinners will be converted to You. Psalm 51:10-13

 Praying for you and for me! Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment